Player balance, a few events at the heart of LIV Golf’s plan for the post-PIF future


LIV Golf’s plan for its post-PIF future includes player equity, a reduced league of just 10 events, and a model seeking up to US$350 million in new investment.

The league’s banker, Ducera Partners, was expected to begin formally presenting a business plan to potential sponsors on Thursday, sources close to the move told the South China Morning Post.

Reports had circulated in recent days that with Saudi Arabia’s Private Investment Fund withdrawing its support at the end of the year, LIV was laying the groundwork for bankruptcy in the United States.

However, a source with knowledge of the league’s plans denied that this had ever been the case and claimed that there is “significant internal interest that has increased in recent days”.

Any deal will require the support and continued participation of players like Jon Rahm and Bryson DeChambeau, and a source said there has been “positive feedback” from players and team officials as next steps were discussed over the past week.

LIV Golf Executive Director Scott O'Neil at LIV Golf Virginia. Photo: AFP
LIV Golf Executive Director Scott O’Neil at LIV Golf Virginia. Photo: AFP

Rahm, captain of Legion XIII, said before LIV Golf Virginia last month that it was not “up to one person to accept or not”.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *